At the monthly WordPress user group I run here in Manchester, UK, I normally give a quick roundup of the latest WordPress news. This month I decided to share it with the wider world.
Update: I’ve added the audio only version of this roundup. You can listen to it here. Just click on the player.
(Links to places mentioned in the video)
- WordPress SEO Plugin security issue
- Joost’s announcement about the security issue
- Blog post discussing auto updates
- Codeguard Backup awareness survey article on WP Tavern
- WordPress.org plugin repository
- WordPress.org theme repository
- WordPress.org security white paper
- WordPress 4.2 beta 1 release
- The WordPress Foundation
- Delicious brains tour of the WordPress database
- WordPress version stats
- Blog article discussing the Major update to the version stats